Last Updated: June 15, 2017
Please read this Policy carefully. Your use of any of our Services constitutes your acceptance of and consent to XOJET’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described below. We do update this Policy from time to time, so we encourage you to check back regularly to stay up to date with any changes. Please do not use any of XOJET's Services if you disagree with or cannot consent to any part of this Policy.
What information does XOJET collect?
Depending on the Services you use, XOJET collects different types of personal information from you. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Information you provide to us by accessing or using our Services: We receive and store information about you when you access or use our Services. For example, you provide us information when you buy our Services, participate in a contest or questionnaire, communicate with us or our partners via e-mail, phone, or otherwise. We may require that you provide us with certain types of information because it is relevant to providing you the Services you are requesting. Any information that you provide to us that is not required is voluntary and you can choose not to provide such information to us. However this may limit the features and types of Services we can offer to you.
- Registration information: In order to use some of our Services, you will need to register for an account with XOJET. When you register for an account, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, title, company, physical and electronic mailing address, date of birth, phone number, and flight preferences.
- Automatic information: When you interact with our Services, we collect certain types of information about your use of our Services through “cookies,” web beacons and other third party tracking applications, such as log data, device information, and location information.
- Payment information: When you register for an account with XOJET, you will need to provide us with your bank information (i.e., a credit card), mailing address, and other relevant payment information to enable use to complete your transactions.
How does XOJET use my personal information?
We use your personal information to provide you with our Services. Some of the ways we use your personal information include:
- Responding to requests for more information or Services: When you request a Service from us or contact us about anything, we will use your contact information to provide you with our Services or respond to your communication. Often our communications to you will be transactional, such as sending you an email to confirm a request for information or Services, and you will not be able to opt-out of such communications because of their necessity. However, if you sign up to receive marketing or informational announcements from us, such emails will include the opportunity for you to unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving such communications in the future.
- Providing, developing, and improving our Services: We may use any information you provide to us, whether registration or other types of information, to provide, further develop and improve our Services. For example, we use your information to:
- Provide flight services;
- Facilitate payment for Services or provide refunds;
- Comply with legal, regulatory, financial obligations, and/or in connection with any governmental or internal investigations;
- Evaluate our internal controls and audits for compliance;
- Respond to third party requests initiated by you, or in response to legal requests;
- Help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes;
- Perform data analyses and other processing for marketing purposes; and
- Improve the content, functionality, and usability of our Services and to offer opportunities to you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us.
- Advertising: We use your personal information to provide you with a personalized experience when using our Services and to offer you products and services you may be interested in. For example, we use your personal information to measure the success of certain ads or services. With your consent, we may send you e-mails or other communications about our Services and promotions, and to request your input about our Services.
- Safety and security: We may use your personal information to generally improve the safety and security of our Services. This includes using your personal information to verify an account, or to investigate a complaint, violation of our policies, or suspicious activities.
How does XOJET secure my personal information?
XOJET understands the importance of safeguarding your personal information, and has implemented reasonable technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access.
Though we reasonably attempt to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, no method of transmitting or storing electronic information is ever completely secure and we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access. We make no warranty, express or implied, that we can prevent unauthorized access to your personal information that may result in loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition or alteration of your personal information.
It is also important that you take measures to protect your account from unauthorized access. For example, you should never share your password to your XOJET account, and when you use a shared or public device, be sure to sign off when you are finished. Measures like these will help you safeguard your personal information.
Will XOJET share my personal information?
We will only share your personal information if we receive your consent, or in the following circumstances:
- Third parties engaged by us: We may employ third parties to provide or assist in providing the Services you request; perform Service-related services (e.g. Web analytics, maintenance, web hosting); or for other business purposes. These third parties are required by contract; and, in some cases, state and/or federal law, to protect the personal information we share with them and only to use it for that purpose.
- Third parties authorized by you: We will share your personal information with any third party you authorize or direct us to.
- Compliance with legal obligations: Where we believe that it is reasonably necessary for us to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process, we may share your personal information. In some circumstances, we may be required to share your personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, such as law enforcement or a subpoena.
- To ensure the safety and security of you and others: We may share your personal information to comply with a legal duty to inform others, such as to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person or yourself or to protect a third party’s rights or property. We may also share your personal information to address security, spam, or fraud.
- Merger, bankruptcy or corporate reorganization: In the event that XOJET is part of a business transaction with another company, such as a merger, corporate reorganization, acquisition, sale of all or a portion of its assets, or bankruptcy, your personal information may be shared, sold or transferred to the other entity as a part of due diligence, the business integration process, or as a transfer of assets. This Policy will continue to apply to the personal information collected before the date of such occurrence.
XOJET does collect information from cookies and other behavioral tracking tools. Cookies are small files that are downloaded on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. When you return to a website or visit another website that uses the same cookies, the websites will recognize your cookies and your browsing device.
- Make the Services work properly for you;
- Remember your preferences and make our Services more convenient to use; and
- Collect information about your use of our Services to improve and further develop our products and service offerings.
XOJET also may use the following cookies on its Services:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential for you to use our Services, such as allowing you to access secure areas and use certain features. Without strictly necessary cookies, we may not be able to provide some Services. These cookies do not gather personal information for marketing or other analytics purposes. Because these types of cookies are essential, they cannot be disabled.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies collect information about your use of our Services. For example, they can tell us which pages and features you frequent the most. These cookies collect anonymized information and are only used to improve how our Services work. These cookies can be disabled, but you may experience less functionality while using our Services.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to help you remember your preferences and help us customize our Services to you. These cookies may collect personal information about you, such as your username or flight preferences. Without these cookies, you may experience less functionality while using our Services.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies allow us to deliver advertising that is tailored to your interests, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaign. They remember if you have visited other websites and share this information with advertising organizations. It is up to you to decide whether you would like to disable these cookies. They will not affect the functionality of our Services.
How can I manage cookies?
How you manage cookies depends on whether the cookie is an XOJET first-party cookie or a third-party cookie.
- First-Party Cookies: To view, enable and/or disable our first-party cookies, you can use the settings provided by your browser. Look for settings such as “Edit,” “Tools,” or “Help.” Please remember, if you set your browser to disable cookies you may not be able to access or use parts of our Services. You can find more information about how to change your browser settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Third-Party Cookies: The same instruction to view, enable and/or disable first-party cookies also applies to third-party cookies. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see http://www.aboutads.info/consumers, and to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
How does XOJET respond to “Do-Not-Track” signals?
Because XOJET relies on third-party advertising networks to provide targeted advertising, we are not able to currently respond to a “Do-Not-Track” (“DNT”) or similar signal.
Does XOJET collect information from children?
XOJET will not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 13. Parents who are concerned about the transfer of personal information from their children should contact us.
Is XOJET responsible for third-party hyperlinks?
How does XOJET handle personal information internationally?
When you provide XOJET with your personal information, including sensitive information, you consent that this information may be stored, transferred, and processed on servers located anywhere in the world, including countries that may have laws that are different from those of your country of residence.
How can I access, modify or delete my personal information in XOJET’s possession?
You may access, modify or delete all or part of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if at any time you would like to be removed from any electronic or postal mailing lists, please contact us at email@example.com.
How does XOJET handle changes to this Policy?
If our information handling practices change at some time in the future, we will post the updated Policy here along with the date on which the Policy was changed. If we make material changes to this Policy that affect the way we collect, use and/or share personal information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our Services and/or contacting you via email with the link to the updated Policy.
How can I contact XOJET?
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or its implementation, you are invited to contact us. You may send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you may send regular mail to the following postal address:
ATTN: General Counsel
2000 Sierra Point Parkway
Brisbane, CA 94005